IEEE ICCC 2023 Workshop on
Computing Power Network (CPN) for 6G and Future Networks
Dalian, China|10-12 August 2023
Computing Power Network (CPN), which is a new network architecture and paradigm with computing-measurable, perceptible, distributable, dispatchable and manageable capabilities for 6G and future networks. Computing Power Network (CPN) is the joint optimization of computing and network resources, which has become a hot topic in the industries of information technology and communication technology. It connects the diverse computing power of the cloud-edge-end in network to achieve deep integration and collaborative awareness between computing and networking. The computing-power network solves the scalability problem caused by the limited resources of a single edge computing node, so that applications can access resources distributed in different locations intelligently, elastically and on-demand in real time. Computing power network can better schedule computing tasks flexibly according to business needs, resource load, network conditions and other multidimensional factors, and reduce the cost of operation and maintenance in mobile computing. It not only ensures the user experience, but also improves the overall efficiency and resource utilization of the network.
Meanwhile, computing power network (CPN) framework and architecture (Y.CPN-Arch) recommendation has been approved at ITU-T SG13 Rapporteur meeting which recommendation number Y.2501. ITU-T opened the 2500 series number for “Computing Power Networks”, and the related work items have been started and are in progress.
Computing Power Network will provide flexible and collaborative computing power to achieve high throughput of the network, agile connection of edge nodes and balanced selection of various resource, meet the computing power requirements of delay-sensitive and computing-intensive tasks and in the 6G mobile communication era and future networks, and realize pervasive computing for information acquisition and processing at anytime, anywhere, embracing the new era of machine intelligence.
We seek original completed and unpublished work not currently under review by any other journal/ magazine/conference. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures for computing power network
- Computing modelling for computing power network
- Computing routing technology and computing-announcement technology
- Resource allocation and collaboration for cloud, network, edge and terminal
- Security and privacy in computing and network convergence
- Trusted computing trading platform for computing power network
- Computing and network convergence technology for edge intelligence application
- Novel applications and services based on computing and network convergence
- Digital Twin for computing and network Convergence
- Integrated and hierarchical computing services in computing and network convergence
- DetNet (Deterministic Network) for computing power network
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Professor Xing Zhang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), China.
Prof. Bo Lei, China Telecom Research Institute.
Dr. Xiuli Zheng, Huawei Technologies.
Prof. Wei Wang, Zhejiang University.
All papers for Workshops should be submitted via EDAS.
Full instructions on how to submit papers are provided on the IEEE ICCC 2023 website: https://ieeeiccc2023workshops.edas.info/